To raise awareness, community support, and funding to end food insecurity in New England, we’re asking you to use your social media channels to show your support for the Ride for Food and for the sponsors that make the Ride possible.
Not Sure What to Say?
Talk about The Ride for Food, your work with the Ride, why our cause is important, the issue of hunger in your community, or thank our sponsors for supporting the Ride.
To help get you started, we have written some Facebook posts and Tweets, and created images. Feel free to modify these messages.
Social Media Suggestions
- Save the date! 9/24/17 is the #RideForFood. Find out how you can get involved: http:bit.ly/helpRideforFood2017.
- We #RideForFood because 1 in 6 kids in Massachusetts struggle with hunger. Together we can end food insecurity in our community: http://bit.ly/DiscoverRideforFood2017
- 10 days until The #RideForFood! There is still time to become a part of this incredible event: http://bit.ly/RideforFood2017
- Thanks to your generous donations and sponsors! Our team is ready to help reduce food insecurity in New England: http://bit.ly/RideforFood2017
- Thank you to [Insert company name/Facebook tag] for supporting the #RideForFood! Each dollar raised last year returned over 100% towards ending food insecurity in New England.
To use one of our #RideForFood images in your organization’s Facebook posts, just click on the image you want to use and save it on your desktop. Also, feel free to use our logo.
Help us recruit teams and individual riders via social media. Below are some images you may include with your posts and tweets.
Tweets you can use:
- Save the date! 9/24/2017 is The #RideForFood. Big THANKS to our sponsor @DirectFederal. How you can help #endhunger: http://bit.ly/helpRideforFood2017
- 50 days until The #RideForFood 9/24/2017! Thank you @WholeFoods helping us #endhunger http:/bit.ly/ride4food15
- We #RideForFood bc 1 in 6 kids in MA struggle w/hunger. Tx to @DirectFederal for helping us #endhunger. You can help: http:/bit.ly/RideforFood2017
- 10 days until The #RideForFood! Our team is ready to help #endhunger and thankful for @WholeFoods http:/bit.ly/RideforFood2017
Also, ask your riders and your Twitter followers to “donate” one of their Tweets to Ride for Food and tweet:
I support #RideForFood. Find out how you can help feed your neighbors: http://bit.ly/ride4foodhelp #endhunger
Twitter Photos – Recruit Volunteers
Use the Hashtag #RideForFood
Mark every post on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks with #RideForFood. Include this hashtag on photos, videos, tweets, and status updates; the hashtag enables everyone to join and follow conversations about the Ride For Food.